Friday, June 12, 2009

Ahh... The Outdoors

Michael and I just got back from a week-long camping trip at Island Park with his family. It was the most beautiful place...

While we were there we saw a moose, a black bear, pelicans, and cranes. I tell you, I was in my glory. I woke up early every day to soak in all of that nature. It rained a couple of the days we were there and actually snowed on one of the days but it all just added to the beauty.


Ganda (nickname for Michael's dad) took all the kids to search for "artifacts"! The kids go out into the forresty bits of the campground with Ganda and come back with all kinds of indian artifacts that they found in the dirt and under rocks and in the trees (: It is so cute. They ended up with fun things like arrowheads, beaded necklaces, arrows, and beads! (The Ganda hides them earlier in the day). They had so much fun.



Here's a picture of Shalece next to a sign at the very beginning of about an hour-long hike. I have to say, it made me pretty nervous !



We visited the beautiful Yellowstone National Park and I got to see all the cool paint pots and Old Faithful.



Michael's family has a tradition where they get a personalized t-shirt every year when they go into West Yellowstone. For some reason the name "Moseph Joseph" was the hot item this year. Another favorite of mine was Livvy's shirt that said: "NIKUM!" Nikum means chicken. Livvy loves chicken and "nikum" is how she says chicken. Haha, so cute.



All in all it was a fantastic trip. We ate awesome dutch oven dinners, played cards, floated the river, and sat around the fire. Man, I sure have been spoiled with awesome trips this summer!

1 comment:

  1. Good times, for sure. I love West Yellowstone. It's trashtastic! I love the artifact search with Ganda. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete